Your Genetic Health:
To Draw Your Family Tree
- Follow instructions outlined in Your Family History.
- Make list of all of your family members.
- Use this sample family tree as a guide to draw your own family tree.
- Write your name at the top of your paper and date you drew your family tree.
- In place of the words father, mother etc., write the names of your family members.
- When possible, draw your brothers and sisters and your parents’ brothers and sisters starting with the oldest to the youngest, going from left to right across the paper.
- If dates-of-birth or ages are not known, guess (e.g. 50’s, late 60’s)
- Take this information with you when you visit your family physician.